A woman who was bitten by a snake, has caused quite a scene after she walked inside a hospital holding the same reptile. A young woman who was bitten ...
A woman who was bitten by a snake, has caused quite a scene after she walked inside a hospital holding the same reptile.
A young woman who was bitten by a snake has impressed the public in China after catching the reptile with her bare hands before taking it with her to the hospital.
She held the slithering animal around her wrist and calmly went to the ER so the medics could identify it, according to a hospital in eastern China’s Zhejiang Province.
Huang Shengqiang, the ER doctor who treated the woman, said the snake was a non-venomous red-banded snake. Dr Huang said there was no swelling around the patient’s wound, so he gave her simple treatment.
Viral pictures taken by the medics show the patient filling out a registration form while grabbing the snake with her thumb and fingers.
‘(She) is a femme fatale,’ gushed ER nurse Ma Nina at Jinhua’s Pujiang Hospital as she recalled the incident which occurred during the wee hours on Sunday.
The hospital said in a statement that the patient is around 20 years old. She told the doctor that she was searching for her dropped phone in the shrubs while being bitten by the snake, which then crawled onto her palm. The woman then caught the snake.
Pujiang Hospital said its doctors had treated many patients suffering from snake bites this summer, but this was the first time that they had seen someone coming into the ER with a live snake.
Speaking to Pear video, the woman, identified by her surname Chen, said she was not afraid of snakes; on the contrary, she found snakes ‘cute’.
Ms Chen said her father and grandfather taught her how to catch snakes when she was little, and she often followed them into the mountains to hunt for them.
The hospital has advised the public not to go to the wild or near shrubs at early morning or evening in summer to avoid being bitten by snakes.